15 Road Trip Destinations for Mother's Day 2566
(Photo Credit: freepik)
Take your mom on a road trip she'd remember! Make memories with these experiences at 15 places across Thailand that you can drive, to without any hassle!
It is always good to relax and unwind if you and your mom are tired from work and city life in Bangkok. Especially on a special occasion!
(Photo Credit: bkkmenu, tripadvisor, เที่ยวราชบุรี, nairobroo)
Let's start with the first place, which is CORO Field, a Japanese-style farm with a new form of agriculture. It doesn't just focus on cultivation alone, but aims to inspire visitors with fresh and innovative ideas as well.
This place offers a vast and spacious area, covering a total of 104 acres, divided into 10 smaller sections:
- Coro Café and Coro Market, the zone of restaurants and agricultural product shops.
- Coro House, a spacious Green House, serves as a venue for various workshops and exhibitions based on the seasons of vegetables and fruits.
- Coro Garden is an area where you can participate in activities such as planting and harvesting your own produce (Grow Zone & Harvest Zone).
- Coro Me is an activity zone that provides you with the opportunity to play the role of a designer and decorate your own plants.
- Adopt: You can take your favourite plants back home and continue taking care of them.
- GIY…Grow it yourself: You can choose decorations to style your plants according to your own preferences.
- Gift Station: A souvenir zone with Japanese-style gift-wrapping techniques.
Which family wouldn't want to relax in peace amidst nature and a wonderful atmosphere? We recommend it here!
(Photo Credit: Lake Heaven Resort)
Enjoy a slice of the Maldives right here in Kanchanaburi! Because at Lake Heaven Resort, you'll find a Maldives-style resort by the clear freshwater sea of the Sri Nakarin Dam. It offers you the opportunity to immerse yourself in an atmosphere close to the water, the sky, and the hills, perfect for a family getaway.
There are plenty of activities to enjoy here, such as kayaking, jet skiing, banana boat rides, paddle boating, canoeing, and a large water park. No matter what your lifestyle is like, you can fully enjoy and unwind here.
In the accommodation section, you have the option to choose between two zones: the Overwater Zone and the Garden House Zone. Additionally, there's a Mediterranean-style café with a refreshing and soothing blue and white colour tone, offering a beautiful and eye-catching backdrop for perfect photos.
Special promotion to celebrate Mother's Day starting from just 1,200 Baht per person for bookings made from today until August 12th, 66, and stays from today until August 31st, 66 (excluding Saturdays and public holidays).
*Please do double-check the promotion with the accommodation before using the service.
(Photo Credit: Klook)
Primo Piazza has brought Tuscany to the hill, with an inspiring design drawn from a village in the Tuscany region of Italy. What was once known primarily as a vineyard café has transformed into a European-style town.
Here, you can indulge in a variety of dining options including Thai and Italian cuisine, coffee and cakes, ice cream and crepes, fish and chips, and a wine bar. The atmosphere also includes a charming Alpaca and Donkey farm for up-close interactions, as well as a 360-degree panoramic viewpoint to immerse yourself in breathtaking scenery.
(Photo Credit: Z9 Resort)
Z9 Resort draws inspiration from the name of Mount Sinai, which has historically been a revered place for individuals to gather and find inner peace, as well as to gather strength for greater missions. Z9 Resort aims to provide guests with a similar experience, fostering a sense of tranquility within, recharging both body and spirit, in line with their slogan "RECHARGE YOUR LIFE ENERGY, RENEW YOUR SPIRIT."
In addition to its serene ambiance, the resort boasts modern and beautiful decor, making it an ideal destination for a truly relaxing getaway, especially for taking your mother on a peaceful retreat.
Alternatively, if your mother prefers not to explore natural landscapes, this venue also offers a variety of destinations that allow her to relive her past.
(Photo Credit: เมืองมัลลิกา ร.ศ.124)
A city that takes you back to the era of Siamese people during the 5th reign or the year 124 B.E. (1881 AD), meticulously recreating the atmosphere of that time. You can choose to wear traditional Thai costumes, exchange for and use local currency called "Roo" for purchasing items. Experience the taste of ancient Thai food and snacks that are rarely found elsewhere. Additionally, cultural performances showcasing Thai traditions are held at 6:30 PM.
(Photo Credit: paimayang, muangboranmuseum, hotels2thailand)
Ancient City, Samut Prakan
This place is a setting for various Thai dramas, as well as films and TV series from different countries. It has been widely used for filming. Take your mother here and enjoy the experience to the fullest.
(Photo Credit: thai.tourismthailand.org)
Phra Borom Ratcha Nusorn Park, Phra Buddha Lertla Napalai (Park Rama 2)
This is a project to commemorate the royal grace of King Rama 2, divided into 6 sections, including...
1. Parking area in front of the park, park office, and ticket counter. There are souvenir shops, fresh coffee shops, and a learning center designed as a traditional Thai house. It showcases a simulated Thai dessert museum.
2. Open-air theater for staging performances of traditional Thai plays, dramas, music, and local cultural performances based on royal compositions or local cultural heritage.
3. 5 Rear Thai Architectures, is a museum depicting the Thai way of life during the early Rattanakosin era. It is divided into 6 zones.
- Central Hall: Displays lifelike figurines depicting the lifestyle and ancient artifacts of that era.
- Men's Chamber: Emphasizes the decoration of the space to reflect the characteristics of ancient Thai male existence.
- Women's Chamber: Emphasizes the decoration of the space to reflect the characteristics of ancient Thai female existence.
- Thai House Pavilion: Decorated as an ancient Thai house adorned with wooden carvings, decorative woodwork, and water jars.
- Sila Rattana Throne Hall: Showcases a model of the Sila Rattana, the sacred coronation throne used in the coronation ceremony of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Siam.
- Amphawa Cultural Heritage Museum: Exhibits the history, culture, and traditions of the people of Amphawa, spanning from the past to the present.
4. Literary Garden: A showcase for education and conservation, featuring various sculptural works such as statues of characters from classic literature, including the Golden Deer, Krai Thong, and Ramakien.
5. 9 Thai Pavilions: This museum is dedicated to the royal biography of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej, showcasing a replica of the royal image and multimedia presentations about the royal biography, royal duties, as well as achievements in literature, art, Thai music, traditional dance, painting, sculpture, and architecture. Additionally, there is a replica of the celestial throne (Sala Song Ngarn) in the Moonlight Pavilion.
6. Riverside Area along the Mae Klong River: This area is considered a landmark for sightseeing and photography due to its picturesque views along the Mae Klong River.
If your mother is interested in Mutelu, these are the good places to visit also.
(Photo Credit: thai.tourismthailand.org)
Dragon Paradise Park
Dragon Paradise Park is a magnificent and picturesque attraction in Suphan Buri. The highlight of Dragon Paradise Park is the enormous and stunning dragon sculpture that captivates everyone's gaze.
Many believe that paying respects to the deity here can enhance luck, financial success, achievement, and happiness.
(Photo Credit: travel.trueid.net)
Fo Guang San Temple
Fo Guang San Temple is a Taiwan-style Chinese temple located in Bangkok. This temple serves as a Buddhist institution and is adorned with intricate architecture and grandeur, reflecting the Taiwanese architectural style.
The temple complex houses revered relics and impressive statues that showcase the rich cultural heritage of Taiwan. It is a truly beautiful and captivating sight to behold.
And finally, these are the places for mothers who love to do activities, adventure, and enjoy shopping, eating, and chilling.
(Photo Credit: bhirajburi)
Bang Kra Chao
Bang Kra Chao is the perfect all-in-one destination for moms seeking relaxation amidst nature. Cycle for a light workout, explore numerous photo spots, and indulge in a wide variety of dining options to satisfy your cravings.
(Photo Credit: newtv)
Kaeng Krachan Dam
Kaeng Krachan Dam is a captivating destination with plenty of interesting spots to check in. For instance:
- The Suspension Bridge at Khao Kra Chao Dam offers a picturesque scene reminiscent of the popular movie "A Little Thing Called Love."
- Ban Graang Camp is a well-equipped and comfortable camping site, complete with parking, restrooms, and a restaurant. It even features a butterfly-watching spot.
- Pha Nern Thung Hill allows you to enjoy stunning morning mist views and stargazing at night.
This is a great recommendation for adventurous souls, as there are plenty of other exciting spots to explore!
(Photo Credit: สวนนงนุช พัทยา)
Nong Nooch Garden in Pattaya is the ultimate all-in-one fun destination. This garden is renowned as one of the top 10 most beautiful gardens in the world, crafted by Thai expertise. Subsequently, a major transformation turned the area into a Dinosaur Valley, recreating the ambiance of the dinosaur era. The surroundings are filled with cycads, palms, and tropical plants, adorned with more than 230 different dinosaur sculptures totaling 814 pieces. Exploring here is a joyful experience. Additionally, the Olifants Garden boasts five centuries-old olive trees, adding another memorable touch to your visit.
In addition to all these attractions, there is a car garden featuring a collection of over 100 cars owned by the founder of Nong Nooch Garden. Some of these car models are now extremely rare and hard to come by. Car enthusiasts and speed lovers should not miss this unique display.
Furthermore, there is a sculpture museum, which showcases sculptures, figurines, and stone-carved artworks that delve into history. This provides another opportunity to explore and learn about the past.
(Photo Credit: paikondieow)
Talat Sam Chuk
Talat Sam Chuk is a trip down memory lane where you can take your mom for some shopping, tasting, and relaxing. This market emanates the authentic Thai atmosphere of the past, both in its ambiance and the items it offers for sale, truly capturing the essence of the bygone era. For those who appreciate vintage charm, you're sure to fall in love with Talat Sam Chuk.
(Photo Credit: promotions.co.th)
Ayutthaya Floating Market
Ayutthaya Floating Market is a must-visit for moms who love both food and shopping. With over 250 shops, including floating vendors, community markets, and shops in traditional Thai houses, this market offers an authentic Thai atmosphere. Moreover, you can find OTOP (One Tambon One Product) products available here as well.
(Photo Credit: thaihrhub)
The Four Regions Floating Market
The Four Regions Floating Market is the perfect destination for an unforgettable one-day trip. In addition to offering a wide variety of delicious food and drinks, this market also provides numerous other activities. You can enjoy a boat tour to explore the traditional Thai village, experience foot massages and herbal compress treatments, indulge in a riverside foot spa, learn soap carving, paint paper umbrellas, and try your hand at wood carving, and much more.
Claim your free car valuation today!
Looking for a car appraisal? You can contact us for a free car valuation within 24 hours…