(Photo Credit: Freepik)
As the end of the calendar year approaches, don’t forget to pay your car tax. If you are in arrears for more than 3 years, your car registration will expire, leaving you vulnerable to getting fined. If it's inconvenient to go to physical payment counters, you can renew your car tax online.
Before check out how to renew the car tax online. Let’s take a look at the terms and conditions of the car that can be filed for car tax online.
- Cars, pick-ups, or vans within 7 years of use
- Motorcycles within 5 years of use
- Cars, pick-ups, or vans that are over 7 years of use, motorcycles that are over 5 years of use, and vehicles with overdue tax for more than 1 year
***Noted: The cars must be passed the vehicle inspection from a private vehicle inspection facility first
How to renew a car tax online via a website
- Go to eservice.dlt.go.th
- Click on “New Member Registration,” apply all the required information, then click “Save” *For those who have already registered, enter your ID card number to log in right away
- On the menu, select “Paying annual car tax via the Internet”
- Fill in your car details for car registration and evidence of insurance under the Car Accident Protection Act B.E. 2535 or purchase it from the system
- Click “Submit tax payment”
- Recheck your information and identify the document delivery location and press “Choose payment method”
- Krungthai Bank / Krungsri Bank / United Overseas Bank: fee charged ฿20 per transaction
- Credit / Debit card: fee charged 2% from the total including VAT 7% and another fee ฿32 per transaction for document delivery
- Service counters: Counter Service, True Money Service, and Tesco Lotus (The service fee differs from each service point and please print the vehicle tax invoice and bring it to the counter)
- Once the process is complete and the information verification is complete, press “Confirm” and when you are done with the payment. You can wait to receive the documents at home
How to renew a car tax online via DLT Vehicle Tax application
- For first time users, the application can be downloaded from both Google Play Store and Apple Store
- Fill in your name-surname, email, and ID Card number then press the button “Press to receive OTP code”
- Submit your OTP code
- Set a 6-digit PIN code
- Click “Pay for car tax”
- Select your payment method
- Fill in your ID card number or the registration number of the car owner's juristic person
- Select the type of vehicle that is subject to tax and fill out the vehicle registration information
- Fill in the car insurance information
- Choose to receive the annual vehicle tax mark via regular mail or a specific kiosk in Bangkok
- Choose from 2 payment methods: SCB Easy App and QR payment
Claim your free car valuation today!
Looking for a car valuation? You can contact us to receive an obligation-free car valuation within 24 hours.