Can I transfer a car across the province? How do I do it?
(Photo Credit: Freepik)
Want to transfer a car across the province, can I do that? What documents need to be prepared?
What do you do if you want to transfer a car across the province, what documents need to be prepared? Transferring cars across provinces can be done, but documents must be prepared with both the person doing the transfer and the person receiving the transfer in order for the process to be performed smoothly.
What is a car transfer?
Transferring a car is to change the name of the car’s owner. This can be done at the Department of Transportation or the provincial transport office.
- Two sets of documents should be prepared for both the transferor and the transferee
- Copy of the identity card of the transferor and transferee
- Copy of the house registration of the transferor and transferee
- Car registration book
- Car transfer forms
- Evidence of the car’s purchase, such as purchase order, receipt, or tax invoice
- Power of attorney (in the event that the original owner is not able to be physically present)
(Photo Credit: Freepik)
Transferring a car across the province processes
- Prepare complete documents as listed above
- Head to the Department of Transport or the Provincial Transport Office
- Inform the staff that you wish to transfer the car from one province to another
- Submit all documents to the staff
- Fill out the application form for the provincial transfer
- Pay a fee of 905 baht
- Stamp duty 500 baht (per every 100,000 baht based on the car’s appraisal)
- License plate replacement fee 200 baht
- Change of registration book 100 baht
- Transfer fee 100 baht
- Request fee 5 baht
- The staff will make an appointment to inspect the vehicle
- Upon finishing the vehicle inspection, the Transport Office staff will arrange an appointment for the collection of the new registration book and to remove the original license plate
- On the day of receiving the new car registration book, prepare one additional copy of the power of attorney document, along with the following documents:
- Copy of ID card
- Copy of house registration
- Company registration letter (in case the car is a corporate name)
- Power of attorney affixed with stamp duty of the transferor and vehicle recipient
- Application form for transfer and pick up the car
- The new license plate with the new vehicle registration details will arrive within 1 week
- If you wish to retain the original registration number, please notify the the Transport Office staff before proceeding with the transfer proceedings
If you want to sell your car across provinces, Motorist now welcome customers from Khon Kaen and nearby areas. List your car for sale on Motorist for free with no hidden costs, and get the best price for your car within 24 hours!
Claim your free car valuation today!
Read More: How to Sell Your Used Car Fast?
Looking for a car appraisal? You can contact us for a free car valuation within 24 hours…